- Do you wonder what is in store for the construction industry?
- Want to know more about the different categories of Modern Methods of Construction (MMC) or offsite construction?
- Are you interested in understanding the new sustainable methods of building houses?
- Want to find out how “pre-manufactured value” and “digital twin” could impact on your business?
The popularity of new methods of home building and emerging technologies in construction is growing as part of efforts across the county to meet the environmental targets set within the Devon Carbon Plan on behalf of Devon County Council.
We have introduced Skills Bootcamps – Future of Construction to help you and your business identify and understand the benefits of modern methods of construction and offsite solutions.
Through this training course, you will learn how to reduce the environmental impact of construction, whilst building your confidence in the requirement for traditional trades and skills, which continue to be fundamental to the industry.
The course will cover:
- How to improve air quality
- Ways to be more energy efficient
- Methods to reduce waste
- Reducing the reliance on fossil fuels
- Understand the benefits of different MMC categories
Skills Bootcamps – Future of Construction are part of the UK Government’s Lifetime Skills Guarantee, helping everyone gain skills for life. The training is funded by Devon County Council and delivered by YTKO, through Building Growth South West.
Course Format: Masterclasses
These sessions will be held weekly, either in-person at a central location or online.
Modules within Skills Bootcamps – Future of Construction will cover the following topics.
- Digital design skills and tools
- Sustainable construction approaches
- Exploring different categories of MMC typologies
- Pre-manufactured value and process engineering
- Different forms of offsite construction
- Traditional and Modern Methods construction culture
- Managing an MMC supply chain
Course format: Portfolio
You will be required to work on a portfolio to enhance your learning experience and prepare you to apply your skills on a day-to-day basis. You will complete sections of your portfolio after each Masterclass, which will be reviewed by the tutors to supply feedback and suggestions for improvements.
Upon completion of the course, you will be able to take on an additional level of responsibility and demonstrate expertise within your existing company to help win new clients and contracts or enable you to progress in your career in the construction sector.
Sessions will be held mainly online but to help you get to know your tutors and fellow participants, we hold initial in-person sessions. If you are unable to make any of these sessions, we can provide hybrid learning and access to recordings.